Monday, May 23, 2011

Ending when? So let's live, then.

The "end of the world" has been a trending issue for years and just recently, half of the world or even the whole of it, was surprised by a news saying judgment day was going to come on May 21 this year. I wonder how people could make strong predictions that can cause so much global fuss. Some are afraid of this idea, while some are psyched to witness a phenomenon beyond any curious mind could ever imagine. Some are ready for mankind's conclusion, while some are not due to a vital reason that is simply, to live their life and complete their mission here on earth. But I'm telling you now, I'm not worried about the world ending in 2012, what I'm really worried about is that it could end at any time, and that truth remains.

A couple of days ago, I had a conversation with my mom about death, and yes, I know it sounds odd given it is rare for me to open up such an idea with her, but I was actually able to pick up a few realizations that seemed to make me question myself. Am I living a righteous life? Have I made known enough to the special people in my life how much I love them? And am I worthy of entering our Father's Kingdom? Of course I'm the only one who could answer these, except the latter part, I guess. I'm the only one who could correct my mistakes, I'm the only one who could  make choices that will define my life. In all honesty, I'm afraid of death, but most especially, I'm afraid of dying without fulfilling what I was born for. Thus, this end of the world issue got me quite badly, but at the same time, it is constantly reminding me of how precious and delicate this life is.

Live life to the fullest! That's what we often hear and say because we believe that there is no other way, but are we really doing that? I realized that  sometimes we do, sometimes we don't, sometimes we live it too much that it is no longer in accordance to what is good and what is right, but then it will always fall down to the choices we make and how we balance the things in our life. We can choose to do things that we wouldn't have to regret in the end. In my opinion, we shouldn't put much focus on the world terminating, but on our lives instead. Let us make the most of our lives here on the lands God created for us to do good, love what has been blessed to us like our family, friends, health and accomplishments,  and embrace our failures and pains, learning from them and carrying on with life. After all, God is the only one who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment