Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Letter To Jovie


Hi Mom!
It’s been a very long time since I last wrote you a letter and I’m not quite sure how to start this or what to say, even. Well I’ve got so much to say actually, I guess I just don’t know how I’d convey them to you. But if there’s one significant truth I’d like for you to keep in mind, come what may, it’s that I love you mom, more than you’ll ever know. And although I don’t say it as much, yup, I really do. I know I haven’t been really obedient, forbearing and quick-witted as I’m expected to be, but I’m doing all I can to make you satisfied mom, to make you happy and stress-free. I know I’ve disappointed you big time before and in all honesty, I immensely regret it. I think about it sometimes and I can’t help but still feel a rush of guilt inside of me. Trust is a delicate, crucial thing that I can’t just regain in a snap after fooling around. I know my mistakes mom and I’m sorry, I’m so sorry for ever hurting you and daddy. I’m sorry for my shortcomings, for neglecting my responsibilities as your daughter and not being able to do things right when I was supposed to. Sincerely, with all my heart, I’m sorry mom. I realized the importance of do overs, that we’re given them as a chance to rectify our mistakes. Needless to say, I want to fix what I’ve broken with you and dad, I want to do things right this time.
You were young when life revealed itself to you
We’re spoon fed, too naïve about what we’re supposed to do
But then your guiding light illuminates the way for us
But at times we don’t understand and so we put up too much fuss
Very so often we don’t see eye to eye
We speak, we don’t listen, maybe that’s the reason why
Even so, you love us so dearly, the way no one else can
and in your arms is where we’ll always find the safest den
I love you mom and thank you. Because of you, I’ve learned to believe in myself, to have the audacity to pursue my dreams no matter how difficult it seems to attain it. Because of you, I’ve learned that life’s ride is not duck soup, that you’ve got to be brave and keep standing strong despite falling for so many times. The importance of family, love, sharing your blessings and of course, God, are highlighted in our hearts and heads because of your constant reminder of them. You’ve done a completely great job in raising us and you continue to do so, we wouldn’t be who we are now if it weren’t for your tireless lectures about what’s right and wrong. I may be undeniably less than perfect, but at the end of the day, who is? But I tell you mom, I’m doing the best I can to make you proud of me. The good results I get in school is a reflection of how much I love and appreciate you and daddy. It’s a means of reciprocating yours and daddy’s diligence, time and enduring effort to put us in schools that will provide us the best education possible, and plus, for giving and letting us experience the best things in life. But then I thought, having you as our mom is one of the best things in life. Thank you so much mom, I’m really grateful for having you, words aren’t enough to show my gratitude over everything you’ve done and you’ve given to our family. Aawww, I love you mom, so much!
Loving you always,
Trin
P.S. I’ll treat you to Spa in time! Hihi. Mother-daughter bonding :>

No comments:

Post a Comment